You can use tassels to accessorize or you can make something completely new and different.
What you need:
- Tassel Maker-Large (Art. No 9941)
- Handy Thread Twister (Art. No 9942)
- Darning Needle
- Embroidery Floss (Size 8m)
- 10″ Embroidery Hoop
- Yarn (enough to cover hoop)
How to do it:
Wrap embroidery hoop with yarn to cover the entire surface.
Once hoop is covered follow image instructions A-D to make the dream catcher netting.
Make a simple knot by the center top of your hoop. Use a darning needle to wind the embroidery thread around your hoop evenly spaced out. Image A illustrates the direction in which you should be winding your thread. Please continue this pattern until you have a total of 12 loops on outer edge of hoop. Please note you are able to make more or less loops depending on the desired look.
*Images B-D show how you will start and continue rounds 1- 6.
Repeat this step until you reach the center.
*When desired look is achieved tie a knot and cut excess thread.
* Follow basic instructions included in the Tassel Maker-Large (Art No. 9941) and use your embroidery floss to construct a total of five tassels.
* To get the full look pictured in image, wind your thread a total of 54 times on the third setting of your Tassel Maker.
*Follow basic instructions included in Handy Thread Twister (Art. No 9942) and construct a total of 5 cords.
Cord #1 & 5: Finished length will measure 9″. To get this length use two threads measuring 12″ each for thread twister.
Cord # 2 & 4: Finished length will measure 12″. To get this length use two threads measuring 15″ each.
Cord #3: Finished length will measure 16″.To get this length use two threads measuring 19″ each.
*Use darning needle to insert cord through tassel and knot in order to secure your tassels onto your cord.
Evenly space cords and attach to dream catcher.