Now that you know all about our new Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hooks, here is a project for you.
Designed by Carol Mesimer
- Clover Tunisian Crochet Hook, size I
- One skein Red Heart Unforgettable, or yarn of choice
- Two Quick Locking Stitch Marker
- Large Tassel Maker (optional)
Cluster stitch – Yarn over, pull through 5 loops on hook, yarn over and pull through one loop to close stitch.
If you desire tassels on your scarf, make them before starting. Tassels in image have 25 wraps around tassel maker. Make your hanging loop long enough to loop tassel through scarf to dangle from corners. Make two tassels and set aside
- Working in back loop and skipping first chain from hook, pick up 25 stitches. Insert hook in back loop, yarn over and pull through stitch. Do not complete the stitch in the normal manner for single crochet. Leave the loop on the hook until you have worked across the entire chain.
- Working in the back loops give you a nice edge across the bottom.
- You will have 26 loops on your hook.
- Place a marker on the working yarn, as a reminder to make a chain 1 at the end.
- After the chain 1 edge stitch for the left side of your scarf, chain 3.
- Yarn over, and pull through 5 loops. Yarn over and pull through loop to close cluster stitch. Chain 3, yarn over and pull through 5 loops.
- Continue across row until there are 6 stitches left on the hook. Chain 3, yarn over and pull through 5 loops. You will have 2 loops left on the hook.
- Chain 1, yarn over and pull through 2 loops.
- Place stitch marker on working yarn as a reminder to make a chain 1 edge stitch. Chain 1.
- Working in the back loops, yarn over and pull up a loop in 25 stitches across. Leave each loop on the hook as you work. You will have 26 loops on your hook. Move the stitch marker back onto the working yarn, and chain 1.
Repeat steps 5-10 until scarf is desired length. Move stitch markers up for each row. Without the chain 1 stitch at each end of the rows, the sides of the scarf will pull in and
be shorter than the center work of the scarf. Note that cluster stitches stack on top of each other in columns.
To finish scarf, end with 26 loops on your hook. *Yarn over and pull through 2 loops.* Repeat from * to * across row until only one loop remains. Cut yarn and anchor last loop. Weave in yarn ends and attach tassels.
Tunisian Crochet Hook Project here: