I love tools that make crafting life easier, and there’s no company we can count on more to come up with those sanity-savers than, Clover. Their latest aid to embellishing is the Tassel Maker, an adjustable frame that comes in two sizes with the ability to create tassels in several additional lengths.
The fun part, though is that loads of different materials work with the tool. I experimented with yarn, fabric, tulle, ric-rac, and more! What to do with all of those finished tassels? Make a garland, of course! And, with V-Day on it’s way, a pink, red and gold theme seemed perfect.
Here’s how to use the Tassel Maker, then make your own, holiday decoration!
V-Day Tassel Garland
Clover Tassel Makers (Large & Small)
Various yarns, twines, ribbons & fabric strips
Optional: Heart-shaped sequin; hot glue & gun
Make various tassels using different heights of two Tassel Makers, along with various trimmings and string as follows:
- Wrap trimming (shown: fabric strip) around Tassel Maker several times.
- Knot a piece of string around center of wrapped trimming, taking care to make it long enough to act as the tassel hanger.
- Cut trimming at either end, using ridges as a guide.
- Fold piece in half; tie top with separate piece of string or trim to create neck.
- Repeat process for as many tassels as makes your heart happy.
- Tie tassels to a long length of a piece of twine that has hanging loops knotted on either end.
- Add optional, Valentine’s sequin.
- Hang it!
If you’d like to see the Tassel Maker in action, watch the video of my live, Facebook stream of the demo!
Have so much fun tasseling away!