Clover has done it again, adding two NEW Kanzashi styles to their existing Kanzashi makers. The daisy and orchid flowers will have you hooked and wanting to embellish everything in site! This month the Clover Blog will be featuring how to embellish with all the Kanzashi Flower Makers.
The new daisy and orchid are so beautifully created that you will be proud and want to display them in your home or office. Alicia Carr, Clover’s in-house designer, created a one of a kind Kanzashi “Tree of Life” home décor wall hanging.
Bring the fresh summer season to you with this bright floral piece. Using colorful assorted fabrics, a selection of jeweled buttons, a purchased cherry blossom branch or any natural branch, and an open frame. You will be on your way to adding a new pop of color to your decor.
• 15” x 32” Shadow Box
• Velvet to cover the Shadow Box Background (Optional)
• 1 Cherry Blossom Branch
• Art No. 8486 Kanzashi Flower Maker Orchid small
• Art No. 8487 Kanzashi Flower Maker Orchid large
• Art No.8488 Kanzashi Flower Maker Daisy small
• Art No. 8489Kanzashi Flower Maker Daisy large
• 8 assorted solid fabrics for the flowers
• 18 assorted buttons for flower centers
• Needle & Quilting Thread
• Florist Wire
How to create
Start by making a variety of about 18 Kanzashi Flowers.
• 8 Large Orchids
• 4 Small Orchids
• 4 Large Daisies
• 2 Small Daisies
Finish the center of the flowers by inserting the florist wire through the button eyelet and pass the wire through the center of the flower.
1. Center the cherry blossom branch or natural branch of your choosing on the frame background and secure using T-pins.
2. Wire the flowers to the branch
Once complete find that special spot to hang the wall collage to greet your friends and guests…and usher in Summertime!
These instructions and other project ideas can be downloaded on Clover website.
In the coming weeks
July 12 – Kanzashi Necklace
July 19 – Kanzashi Embellishments
July 26 – Guest blogger Diane Gilleland on paper Kanzashi projects