Welcome to a whole month of French Knitter Jewelry creation! Every week we will be featuring new ideas to help you make successful jewelry using simple methods, tricks, and materials. We’re excited to share our creations so, let’s get started!!
This week we used Nylon Monofilament or some call it ‘fishing line’ with the French Knitter. We like nylon because it’s made from a single fiber of plastic so they are pliable plus they come in a variety of thicknesses and colors. Nylon also makes stringing beads easy because of its strength and flexibility.
The Madonna Necklace
Using gold beads and pearls with a cross pendant for a dramatic look.
Size 6 small pearls and gold beads (glass beads)
Size 7 large pearls
Princess Necklace and Armlet
Named after her Granddaughter Princess Phillips, this necklace is perfect for a real princess or a queen! Alicia used 5-pegs for the necklace — dropping sequins and glass beads every other peg. This gives the necklace a stunning color combination, Alicia also added 1 layer of chain and a second beaded string to give it depth and drama. The bracelet was made using the 6-pegs combining both glass beads in pink and clear then finished off with a closure and charm.
Size 6 small pink and clear glass beads
Tips and Tricks
· We used Wonder Clips as a stopper and for counting to keep track of number of beads. The flat clip really works well and it’s not heavy.
· You can be specific on the number of beads you put between every peg or be open to different types of beads to make your jewelry interesting. In this case, the sequins is the surprise (bead). Adding sequins stretches your beads and has a twinkling effect.
· We found that it’s easy to use the Embroidery Stitching Tool Threader because it strings and holds several beads at a time. The long thin wire really helps to pick-up small eye beads. Because the wire provides a wide opening any size fiber is fits nicely to tip providing easy transfer of beads to cord.
· Use the right tools to make your project easy and stress-free.
· Travel with style – We use Creative Options Rack System for easy transport of beads and tools.
Enjoy the next weeks French Knitter Jewelry saga……
3/15 – USING YARNS, EMBROIDERY THREADS, AND OTHER FIBERS
3/22 – HOW-TO: COMBINE 2 DIFFERENT FIBERS INTO ONE FABULOUS LOOK
3/29 – PLAYFUL EMBELLISHMENTS
Win this amazing gift set by posting your comments below. Valued at $100.00